Monday, May 18, 2009

Vista is slow

I don't know why I am still working with vista.

Maybe its new promising memory management. It was supposed to be great.

The bottom line: it is very slow. very.
Even after turning off all the things that might be the blame for being so slow: anti - virus, firewall, defender...and of course UAC. It is still much slower than the machine I have at work (which is at least two years older than the one i have at home).

Maybe it is DX10. I haven't tried it yet, but with the overall performance of the system, I don't expect much.

Needless to say all the fancy graphics is the first thing i turn off after installing windows: I am setting it to the classic scheme. Funny, I never had to turn off graphic options on KDE.

1 comment:

Amit said...

What's your Vista score for each of the components? Maybe it will tell you what's holding Vista back.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/get/experience-index.aspx

I'm not sure you can run this after you already have Vista installed